Monday, September 7, 2009

Dreams.

The Dictionary definition of the word Dream is: an aspiration; goal; aim: something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.

Everyone has a dream profession, girl/guy, or life that they imagine of while sleeping or awake. A dream is something that your mind creates, something that you feel that if you had that certain person or thing in life, would make your life much better or exciting. There are many different types of dreams. The first thing many people think of when they hear the word dream is what happens while you sleep. The images that are portrayed in our mind during the sleeping state, or the scenes that play in your head while resting/sleeping. The definition of dream that I would like to talk about is the dreams that people have in life that they want to achieve. Some examples of these dreams may be making it big in the world as a celebrity, becoming famous, etc. I believe these dreams are only thought up by the person, whenever they see people around them becoming more famous doing things they love and they want that for themselves as well. Everyone should have the confidence to do whatever they have to, no matter how embarrassing or stupid they may look throughout the process, to achieve their dream. The majority reason why people never go after their dream is mainly because of the people they surround themselves with. Depending on whether your family members, friends, peers tell you how much you can or cannot achieve your dream, plays a big role in your decision to go forward with it or not. Throughout my life, I've always wanted to go back to Korea when I became older to make it BIG in Korea either it being an actor, singer, or model. But there has been a lot of negative feedback from my family members that have been making me think twice about forgetting my dream. "You're not good enough to make it" "Don't be stupid, just focus on school" are just a couple of the put-downs I received from my Dad and older brother growing up. The only thing that has kept me going if the positive feedback I've been receiving from my friends and peers. Now I tell them to answer truthfully whenever I ask them if my dream if possible for me, and I trust their answers are from the heart. There is a song that I would like you guys/girls to look up: A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes. It was originally written by Mack David, Al Hoffman and Jerry Livingston for the Disney film Cinderella. The lyrics in this song are for a way to encourage everyone to keep going for their dreams in life, that if they really want to achieve it they should let nothing/no one stop them from gaining it. I feel that the reason why some people put other people down and give them negative feedback on their dreams is because they have been getting the same. It's a cycle of someone putting you down and saying you can't achieve your dream, and then you going and letting your frustration out on another by telling them they can't make it either. The people that rise above this cycle are the ones that block out the negative feedback or even use it as a way for them to try harder to reach their goal to prove those people wrong. So the reason for this blog is really, if u have a dream or goal in life that you would like to pursue, you should give it a try, because you only live once so why not live it to the fullest with no regrets? Thanks for reading.



-Paul Lem.

No comments:

Post a Comment