Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DR '09.

Dominican Republic Missions 2008 was just amazing. The experience there was eye-opening, and i was going there hoping to bless the children by teaching them God's love but in return i was blessed through it. I really want to go back this year to Dominican Republic, even if my church decides not to, i guess i will have to find some other way. There was a boy that became my friend there and his name was Michael. He was really young, and even though we couldnt really communicate well because of the language barrier, we still connected through God. He asked me if i was going to come back and I made a promise to him that i would come back forsure. It may seem like something little to all of you reading, but to me and him it was a promise that both of us wanted to happen. Sure the air was so humid and hot and the bathrooms were just horrible and smelly, but i would go through that for as long as i have to if i were doing it for God. All those small troubles go away and it's just such a blessing to be a part of it. I love the people of Dominican Republic. They may have way less than we do in the US, but they never complain and praise God for the little stuff they have. This all just came into my mind because since now i'm in the college ministry and the youth group is really in charge of the whole mission and who gets to go, i don't want to miss out on the oppurtunity to go. I made two promises that i intend to keep. The first one i made a promise to my friend Michael from Dominican Republic that i'll come back and the second one was a promise to God that i want to help people come to know Him and i'm willing to do whatever he wants me to. So i'll keep you guys and girls updated on this whole situation. Here's a song you can look up on youtube: 3 Doors Down - Let me be myself and also The Fray - You Found Me. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading.


-Paul Lem.

No comments:

Post a Comment